Black and white film processing, printing and scanning.
Black and white film photography is an art, and we understand.
We develop, print, and scan black and white film with care in our lab, including most types of black and white film you may be shooting, including 35mm, 120, 220 and 4x5.
We can develop almost all types of black and white film, including Kodak TMAX, Tri-X, Ilford Delta, HP5, FP4, Rollie, Fuji Acros, Adox, SFX, Infrared and many more. If you have a special film that you would like to have developed please let us know - we can probably develop it as well.
Local drop-off: Please download and complete a film processing order form here and bring it to us along with your film.
We process and print black and white film for customers in the Kansas City area as well as across the country, and we look forward to helping you with your with your black and white photography.
Tip: Our black and white film processing prices are set up so that you pay for the developing then add the price for prints, scans, or both if you would like. If you order both prints and scans from your film at the same time you'll get the discounted price of $4.99 per roll on scanning the roll.
35mm black & white film processing
|35mm black and white film developing||$5.49|
|4x6 prints - first set||35¢ ea.|
|4x6 prints - second set||20¢ ea.|
|5x7 prints||75¢ ea.|
|Add scans of the film along with your prints||$4.99|
|Scan roll without prints ordered (scan only)||$7.99|
120 and 220 black & white film processing
|120 black and white film developing||$6.49|
|220 black and white film developing||$8.99|
|4x5 prints||60¢ ea.|
|5x5 prints||60¢ ea.|
|Add scans of 12/220 film along with prints||$4.99|
|120 roll scan, no prints ordered||$7.99|
|220 roll scan, no prints ordered||$15.99|
4x5 black and white film processing
|4x5 proof print at time of processing||$3.50|
|Scan 4x5 film||$3.50|
|Push / pull processing, no extra charge|
• We ALWAYS return your negatives.
• We use Kodak X-Tol film developer.
• Each picture is inspected for ideal contrast and density.
• Push and pull processing is available at no extra charge.
• All print and scan orders include an index print.
• 35mm scan resolution is 2400x3600.
• 120/220 scan resolution is 2400x3000 or 2400x2400.
• Film scans are .jpg files, .tiff files on request.
• Choose from glossy or matte, with borders or borderless.
• Negatives are carefully cut and protected in archival sleeves.
• Film processing frequently asked questions.
• Mailing your film? Check our current turn-around times.
• We can upload your b&w film scans to Dropbox if you prefer.
|Send your film to us for processing.
Download an order form and send it in with your b&w film.
We'll process your film and send it back fast.
Get reprints and enlargements from your black and white film.
We develop your black and white film in Kodak black and white chemicals, including X-Tol developer, to achieve
better contrast, sharpness and lower grain, along with a perma-wash step to ensure maximum film longevity.
You can read more about Kodak X-Tol developer here.